onenote2007 on windows 8 64 bit

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I've followed the instructions but the file gets lodged in the 'XPS Print to OneNote Drop Folder' - the step 'Printing: 3. Choose the destination section' doesn't occur.

Appreciate this was not written with Windows 8 in mind but hope someone has a solution...

thanks

Val

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Hi Val

Once you click on desktop and the 'XPS Print to OneNote Drop Folder', be sure to type a file name in the box below, then hit save and a onenote icon will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click on this and choose the file you want it to go to, or pick 'unfiled notes' and move it later, then click Insert Printout in Onenote. It should go to onenote then.

Let me know if you still struggle?

Julie

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I don't get a onenote icon - just an xps file in the 'print to onenote drop folder'...

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Have you typed a file name in the 'file name' box above this and then hit 'save'? When you do this a onenote icon appears at the very bottom of your screen.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I open the print dialogue box. I print using the XPS printer. I name the file and save it to the XPS Print to onenote drop folder. No onenote icon appears. The file I saved is saved in the XPS print to onenote drop folder. 

I can't work out what I'm doing wrong :(

(I'm running Windows8)

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

well I've solved it! But it seems to not follow the instructions on the home page.

The settings of the XPS printer say to watch the "XPS print to onenote drop folder" - but anything printed there gets stuck.

If, however, I save an XPS (but not an OXPS) DIRECT to the Personal Notebook folder I get the dialogue box that lets me choose where in one note to save my printout!

Strange but nice! Thanks for your help.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I'm pleased you've solved it, I know how frustrating these things can be. :)

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I'm having the same issue except her work around does not result in the OneNote icon appearing. Has anyone else looked into this?
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM
bizarrely just now when I tried to print direct to the personal notebook folder it refused to work, but when printing to the XPS folder on the desktop it automatically opened the dialogue box 'where do you want to save this'...! (no onenote icon - just straight to the where to save in onenote box)

Sorry not to be more help bdd