default is to set printouts as background images?

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I use this program with powerpoint slides often, and find it very useful to search through my onenote notebooks for the occurrences of certain words. & nbsp;(i'm in medical school, and as you can imagine, there are ideas that come up often).  

I have to say the new version works like a charm, and having this functionality greatly simplifies my life.

I have one problem though.  The default of this program is to set the printouts as background images, and therefore they are not indexed by OneNote unless I go through a few steps to make all the slides not be in the background, and then make OneNote index them (which makes OneNote unusable for a few minutes at a time).  

Is there something i'm missing? Why is this the default behavior?

While this is not a huge deal, I can't imagine i'm the only person who would request that it be possible to choose whether or not the slides are part of the background or pictures inserted in the foreground.

Thanks

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:04 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I agree with bigstras.  XPS2OneNote is a huge step forward to close the gap lost in the Print to OneNote functionality.  However, every time I use XPS2OneNote I have to then select the image, right click to deselect "Set Picture as Background," and the right click to Select "Make Text in Image Searchable."

Users would intuitively expect the default behavior to not "Set Picture as Background" as it is in the original Print to OneNote utility.  Likewise, in Print to OneNote "Make Text in Image Searchable" is the default as well.   I suggest that both these settings be made the default in the next release of XPS2OneNote. Better yet, make both "Set Picture as Background" and "Make Text in Image Searchable" settings that can be set to default as the user desires.

Thanks for a great tool.